Friday, July 14, 2017

popping pills

Yesterday, I drafted a list of stories I want to share with you about some of the pleasures and problems of living in Mexico.

But that list did not survive its first contact with time.

Last night, at dinner, my left foot swelled to the point I could have made a creditable audition as the eponymous character in The Elephant Man. That is usually the first sign my dreaded cellulitis is in the wings ready to take a bow.

And, I was correct. In the middle of the night, the too-familiar symptoms took turns making jmy night far from restful. Chills. Sweats. Deliriums. Joint aches. Headache. Cough. Fever. High blood pressure. And a very red and swollen leg.

This will be attack number five. The first was the worst when I had to be hospitalized. I managed to get ahead of the ensuing outbreaks. Just barely.

Having learned my lesson, I went to the doctor this morning and returned with five boxes of medication. Mostly antibiotics.

And, unlike my other forays into cellulitisland, I am going to stay in bed through the weekend. On Monday I will talk with the doctor in person.

Until then, I am drinking water, popping pills, and resting in bed with my crimson leg elevated.

Sometime next week, I will be back with you. 

No comments: