Friday, October 23, 2015

slouching toward barra


A quick update.

For various reasons, I have decided to stay in my house during the arrival and passing of hurricane Patricia.  I have also invited Ozzie and his family to ride out the storm with me.  Their apartment is far too close to the beach for my psychological comfort.

Patricia is predicted to make landfall around 8 PM tonight to the west and north of Barra de Navidad as a category 5 hurricane.  But it is a very wide storm.  We will feel some of its effects.

Right now (at 2:30 PM), we have a steady rain and increasing winds.  The local authorities sent a sound truck around advising people to stay indoors.

I am writing this piece to let you know that the power company will be shutting off the power at 3 PM as a safeguard against the storm damaging the system.  That means I will be out of contact with the internet until power is restored following the storm.

I have appreciated all of your suggestions and your heart-felt advice.

See you on the other side.


No comments: