Friday, September 04, 2015

tranny show at home


For a moment, I thought my doctor had misunderstood my former profession.

During my discharge from the hospital, he pulled out two white leg-length stockings.  The type of paraphernalia you would see in a high-class transvestite show.  If he had pulled out a pair of red stilettos, I would not have been surprised.  After all, I do have the breasts for the part.

It turned out they were nothing quite so exotic.  In fact, they were dreadfully mundane.  Just one step closer to latching the lid on my coffin.

They are, of course, support hose.  Vericose veins are not involved.  But severe edema is.  It turns out my right leg has started collecting fluid -- but it is an amateur compared to my left leg that has officially earned the name Bibendum.

However, free I am.  At least,from the hospital.  My left leg is not yet fully healed.  My regimen is to spend the next five days at home with bed rest while gobbling fistfuls of new medications.  The only condition that has not yet come under control is my blood pressure; I have two medications to tackle it.

My one respite from bed rest is that allowed to be on my feet one hour for every four hours in bed.  But I cannot yet use the pool.  For a condition whose diagnosis and prognosis is uncertain, there are definitely a lot of very certain rules to be obeyed.

But obey them I will.  I have no desire to experience another period of incarceration.  I cannot even say for certain that all of that care really dd anything for my leg.  Time could easily have been the major contributing cure.

Next Friday, I return for a followup on both the leg and the blood pressure.  Until then, I will try to find something more interesting to share with you.

Perhaps you would would like to hear my Dietrich impression of "Falling in Love Again."  I have most of the equipment.


No comments: