Thursday, February 28, 2008

happy birthday, madre


Today is my mother's 80th birthday. I can say that because she does not read this blog -- does not really know what a blog is. So, I could try to work out all of my parental issues right here. But, I won't -- because I really have none.


My brother and I will take her to dinner along with other relatives on Friday night. Saturday morning, we celebrate our family Christmas -- finally.


Happy birthday, Mom! And to all of you mothers out there, I hope your day is every bit as happy as the day we are going to create for her.

2 comments:

Babs said...

Steve - How wonderful that you still have your Mother and that she has you and your brother! Please pass on our Happy Birthdays from your "blogger friends"! Oh, and I'm honored that you have added my blog to your list of blogs you read!

Steve Cotton said...

Babs --

I agree. It is great that my brother and I can still celebrate with our mother. We tried to arrange a cruise for her birthday. The fact that we are celebrating Christmas this Saturday probably explains why that plan fell apart. I will tell her hello from the bloggers.

As you know from the comments I have posted on your blog, I really enjoy reading what you have to say.