Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sunday in the park with croc


If Seurat had lived in Mexico or if Monet wanted to add a bit of spice to his waterlilies, they may have produced something like this.


Every visit I have made to Mexico has produced at least one unexpected photograph. The stained glass effect was a beautiful accident caused by the light, the reflection of the mangrove leaves, and the slight ripple of a crocodile stalking its prey -- in this case, me.


Mexico's wildlife fascinates me. Most visitors never get to see large animals. One exception, of course, is crocodiles. In their natural environment they are magnificent beasts from another era at the top of the food chain -- when people leave them alone.

2 comments:

Andee said...

Hi Steve, I am really enjoying reading each post. I love the photo of that little cottage in La M.

Keep up the good work. Andee

Steve Cotton said...

Thanks, Andee. When I saw it, I thought about your description of house placement and cross-ventilation. That cottage is a perfect example of what you have described on your blog -- plus it has a porch inviting people in for conversation. Not a big metal gate. If I rent on the coast, it is the type of place I would like to find.